Location: New York
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
The Burberry Internship Programme provides a classroom experience in a workplace environment. Interns participate in group projects, speaker series, and are given the chance to network directly with Burberry executives. The purpose of the Burberry Internship Programme is to provide hands-on involvement to industry hopefuls who wish to gain experience in their field of study.
- Sample trafficking (electronically logging out loans of clothing samples lent to various publications, VIP talent and stylists / checking in samples as they are returned from these loans and ensuring that any missing samples are immediately reported)
- Taking inventory of new collections
- Assisting in preparing mailings to editors
- Maintaining the general appearance of the showroom and sample closet
- Clipping and scanning press
- Assisting in compiling daily and weekly media reporting
- Running errands which may include deliveries to publications and VIP talent, purchasing publications for press reports, picking up supplies need for meetings and more
- Press contact updates
- General day to day in-office assistance as needed
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Must multi-task effectively
- Attention to deta
- Highly organized
- Interest in the fashion industry; specifically the field of public relations and VIP relations
- Eager to learn and grow
- Experience with sample trafficking is a plus
- Preferred area of study in Public Relations, Marketing, or Communications in Fashion
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Visit http://burberrycareers.com/ to apply.