Location: New York
Coach, founded in 1941, is America’s premier accessible luxury accessories brand and a leader in international markets. We are a designer and marketer of high quality, modern accessories that complement the diverse lifestyles of today’s consumer.
Coach brings together strong, collaborative people in a dynamic culture of mutual respect, support, and passion for the brand and product. We believe innovation drives winning performance, and we constantly challenge ourselves to be the very best we can in every aspect of our business. You will be surrounded by some of the best and brightest people in the industry. At Coach, you will be in great company!
What you will learn…
The program begins with an intensive orientation including visits to our quality lab and Design Archives; learning sessions on our product development process; and design-specific technical training classes.
You will have ongoing learning & development opportunities, exposure to senior designers and the opportunity to present a final project to leaders within the organization. Upon completion of the program, you will have gained hands on experience at America’s leading accessories house and will have developed valuable design skills that will position you for future success.
What you will do…
You will partner with the design team to learn all aspects of the design process, including assistance with design cards, presentation boards, meeting preparation, and sample management. You will be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where you will collaborate with talented designers as well as partners in the business.
You will have ownership over:
• Maintaining and tracking designs in our Product Lifecycle Management system
• Creating design flats and renderings using Adobe Illustrator
• Partnering with product development in tracking samples
• Coordinating raw materials (leather, fabric, hardware) for sample development
• Completing hardware cards and color palettes for the design review process
• Organizing the design room and boards for presentation
The below departments will be hosting Design Apprentices:
• Women’s Bags
• Women’s SLG’s
• Women’s Apparel
• Men’s Bags
• Concept & Color
Qualifications you will need…
• Candidates should be pursuing or recent graduates of a fashion/accessories design degree
• Prior brand related internship experience
• Advanced proficiency and experience using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-through
• Proven ability to sketch and spec
• Interested candidates should attach examples of their digital work along with their resume
• Ability to work full-time, five days a week with a 6 month commitment.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. *LI-KP1 Visit Coach at www.coach.com to apply.